Who we are:
We are a leading handpiece repair company. Our mission is to provide our clients with superior customer service and value. Hayes Northcoast has served Northern Ohio for over 25 years, and we are excited to continue our tradition of excellent service, quality products and repairs, competitive pricing, and training for our customers.
Hayes Northcoast, Inc., A full-service dealer of Hayes Handpiece Company in San Diego, California. Hayes Northcoast is owned and operated by Darice and Jim Cundiff. Jim brings 25 years of business leadership and operations experience to Hayes Northcoast and is responsible for all handpiece repairs. Darice is responsible for day-to-day operations, and the website is the genius behind our marketing effort.
Together with the support of Hayes Handpiece, Inc. we provide expertise to help our customers resolve issues on a practice-to-practice basis. Our individual attention gives Hayes Northcoast a unique position: The ability to help our customers maximize operations and to make maintenance recommendations that save money and benefit the entire practice in turn, helping you maximize your profits.
Hayes Northcoast, Inc. services the northern Ohio, and we are happy to provide mailers for shipping your repairs. We look forward to providing our customers with personalized and comprehensive service.
From high-speed and low-speed handpieces, electrics and ultrasonics, sharpening and retipping, we have you covered.
Hayes Northcoast, Inc. offers you a wide selection of new and reconditioned handpieces from top manufacturers such as Star, Midwest, J. Morita, Beyes, Kavo, Bien Air, and More… We carry a wide range of Burs, instruments, sterilization, and operatory products too…
Hayes Northcoast is your best option for hassle-free handpiece repair. We will come to your office and train your staff to properly maintain your equipment. Simply call us we will be there.
Hayes Northcoast, Inc. is owned and operated by Darice and Jim Cundiff. Jim brings business leadership and operations experience to Hayes Northcoast and is responsible for all handpiece repairs. This ensures consistence and the unique ability to pinpoint issues on a practice-to-practice basis. Our individual attention allows Hayes Northcoast to make maintenance recommendations benefiting the entire practice and to help you maximize your profits.
We also provide focused dental staff training from a unique perspective benefiting the staff and the doctor, enabling them to maintain their equipment and save the practice time and money.
Hayes Northcoast, Inc services the northern half of Ohio and we are happy to provide mailers for shipping your repairs. We look forward to providing our customers with personalized and comprehensive service.
10-Step Service Process
Your complete solution for handpiece repairs, cleaning and maintenance
Check out our 10-step process for servicing your high-speed handpiece or download a copy of our 10-Step Process Brochure.
1. Schedule a Free Pick Up
- Discuss the Problem you are having
2. Look Up the Warranty Information
- Using our customized warranty tracking software, we determine if the handpiece is still covered under our repair warranty.
3. Diagnose the Problem
- Test water spray, chuck strength and turbine
- Test for air leaks
- Check fiber optics
- Look for any cracks or dents
- Ream head if applicable
4. Disassemble the Handpiece if applicable
- Remove all moving parts and components
5. Clean the Handpiece
- Clean all components using proprietary cleaning techniques
- Remove all debris including rust from the drive air tube, exhaust tube and chip air and chip water tube
- Clean internal head
- Clean head and remove dents when necessary
- Clean and polish external shell and fiber optic ports
6. Check Impeller and Spindle for Wear and Nicks
7. Test for Concentricity
The concentricity gauge allows Hayes technicians to prevent bur deflection from exceeding .0011 inches, which reduces stress and potential damage to the handpiece turbine.
- Perform concentricity tests using proprietary equipment called a concentricity gauge
- Maintain International Standards Organization (ISO) standards of .0011 inches or less of total indicator run-out (TIR)
8. Overhaul Handpiece and Reassemble
- If the turbine is rebuildable, we rebuild it with premium parts and bearings to O.E.M. standards
- If the turbine failed chuck strength and/or concentricity tests, we install a replacement turbine
- Inspect and repair water spray to ensure proper atomization
- Check water and chip air tube
- Replace O-rings
- Replace fiber optics if necessary
- Replace end gasket if applicable
- Rethread if applicable
9. Test Torque, RPM, and Noise
10. Deliver the Handpiece and Review Maintenance Procedures with your Staff
- Discuss maintenance for high-speeds, low-speeds, swivels, scalers, fiber optics, and attachments
- Review different types of lubricants and cleaners
- Check air pressure for each handpiece
- Review different types of autoclaves and related procedures